If you need assistance paying your utility bills, contact the agencies listed below to see if you qualify for assistance.

Wahkiakum PUD Residential Energy Assistance Program
Wahkiakum County Human Services
360-795-8630 (option 4) or 800-635-5989
Wahkiakum Community Outreach serves Wahkiakum County and administers Wahkiakum PUD’s Residential Energy Assistance Program (REAP) as well as other sources of utility assistance, housing/rental assistance, emergency housing, food/ clothing assistance, referrals, qualification of Wahkiakum PUD’s Senior and/or Disabled Citizen Discount Program and more.

Lower Columbia Community Action Program
360-425-3430 or 800-383-2101
LIHEAP (Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program) is a federally funded program that assists low-income households in making home heating more affordable, avoid shutoff of utility services during the winter months, and maintain a warm, safe, and healthy environment for their families. Clients must meet income eligibility guidelines to qualify. CAP may offer additional services such as Home Energy Assessments, housing, senior services, Meals on Wheels and more.

Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) Assistance
Nicci Bergseng, Wahkiakum County Auditor
360.795.3219 or email bergsengn@co.wahkiakum.wa.us
Wahkiakum Post 5297 of the VFW may be able to assist with resources such as utility and food assistance. 

Washington 2-1-1
211 or 877-211-9274
2-1-1 is a free confidential community service and your one-stop connection to the local services you need, from utility assistance, food, housing, health, child care, after school programs, elder care, crisis intervention and much more. 2-1-1 is always ready to assist you in finding the help you need. Dial the three digit number 2-1-1 on your phone or Find Help here. If you are outside of Washington or have a problem dialing the number 2-1-1, please dial 1-877-211-9274.

Kinship Caregiver Support Program
www.dshs.wa.gov/kinshipcare or email KinshipNavigator@dshs.wa.gov
Local assistance may be available for a family member caring for a relative’s child(ren) in Wahkiakum County. Assistance may include rent, utility, bedding, furniture, clothing, school supplies, instrument rentals, gas and bus vouchers, car repairs, tutoring, food, and interpreter services.

If you are making a payment for service that has been disconnected, you will need to contact Wahkiakum PUD at 360-795-3266 or 360-465-2171 during normal business hours to have service connected.