Utility Bill Payments

Wahkiakum PUD recognizes the economic impact that COVID-19 is having on our community.  We are temporarily suspending late fees and disconnection of service(s) for non-payment.  Meters will continue to be read on a monthly basis and billing statements will continue to be delivered as regularly scheduled.

These prohibitions do not relieve a utility customer from the obligation to pay for utility services.

Utility Assistance

We understand customers may experience financial hardships as a result of COVID-19.  Customer service staff is available during normal working hours, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am –Noon and 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm (excluding holidays), to discuss payment arrangements and make referrals for assistance.

The following agencies/programs are available for assistance in paying your utility bill:

Wahkiakum PUD Residential Energy Assistance Program
Wahkiakum County Human Services
360-795-8630 (option 4) or 800-635-5989
Wahkiakum Community Outreach serves Wahkiakum County and administers Wahkiakum PUD’s Residential Energy Assistance Program (REAP) as well as other sources of utility assistance, housing/rental assistance, emergency housing, food/ clothing assistance, referrals, qualification of Wahkiakum PUD’s Senior and/or Disabled Citizen Discount Program and more.

Lower Columbia Community Action Program
360-425-3430 or 800-383-2101
LIHEAP (Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program) is a federally funded program that assists low-income households in making home heating more affordable, avoid shutoff of utility services during the winter months, and maintain a warm, safe, and healthy environment for their families. Clients must meet income eligibility guidelines to qualify. CAP may offer additional services such as Home Energy Assessments, housing, senior services, Meals on Wheels and more.

Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) Assistance
Wahkiakum Post 5297 of the Veterans of Foreign Wars assistance and resources (including local contact information) can be found on their website.

Washington 2-1-1
211 or 877-211-9274
2-1-1 is a free confidential community service and your one-stop connection to the local services you need, from utility assistance, food, housing, health, child care, after school programs, elder care, crisis intervention and much more. 2-1-1 is always ready to assist you in finding the help you need. Dial the three digit number 2-1-1 on your phone or Find Help here. If you are outside of Washington or have a problem dialing the number 2-1-1, please dial 1-877-211-9274.

Kinship Caregiver Support Program
www.dshs.wa.gov/kinshipcare or email KinshipNavigator@dshs.wa.gov
Local assistance may be available for a family member caring for a relative’s child(ren) in Wahkiakum County. Assistance may include rent, utility, bedding, furniture, clothing, school supplies, instrument rentals, gas and bus vouchers, car repairs, tutoring, food, and interpreter services.

Washington State Department of Social and Health Services

Utilities and Transportation Commission Consumer Hotline
888-333-WUTC (9882) or email consumer@utc.wa.gov

As a result of Gubernatorial Proclamation 20-23

https://www.governor.wa.gov/sites/default/files/20-23.5%20-%20COVID-19%20Ratepayer%20Assist%20EXT%20%28tmp%29.pdf?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery, pertaining to Utility Ratepayer Assistance and Preservation of Essential Services, Public Utility District No 1 of Wahkiakum county has and will continue to provide customer support programs as appropriate.  If you are experiencing hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may be eligible for support, including payment arrangements or bill assistance.  The Proclamation does not relieve customers from the obligation to pay for utility services.